Applications are now open for our zine celebrating Scottish Poetry!
Grab your pens, laptops, typewriters, or ink and quill and get writing your best impression of Rabbie Burns, or an ode to a deep-fried mars bar, or a haiku about that time you stepped on a thistle, a heartfelt sonnet about your first time catching the wild haggis, or a stanza or two about the state of Scottish politics, or everything and anything else in-between!
Please note this callout is for folks identifying as Scottish or those that have a connection to Scotland.
We are looking for poetry in any medium, and while the theme is open to interpretation, we ask that you or the poem has at least a tenuous connection to Scotland! We would also like to welcome visual artwork that has a connection to Scotland to illustrate the poetry.
Be sure to send us the following details along with your submission:
- The name/credit you would like printed in the zine.
- Your pronouns.
- The city and/or country that you live in.
- Any contact details that you would like printed in the zine.
- A short one-sentence bio.
- A profile photo or image for your bio.
- Title of your work, and a short description of how it fits with the theme.
If you wish to remain anonymous, that is absolutely fine – just be sure to let us know when you submit your piece.
The deadline is midnight BST on 22nd January.
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit our FAQs